LANtasy is dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants (including attendees, volunteers, exhibitors, staff, etc.) in any form. Convention participants (including exhibitors) violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the convention organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing or non-consensual photography or video/audio recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, convention organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the convention with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the convention staff immediately.
Prop and Weapons Policy
Weapons and Props Policy
1. No weapon can fire or explode (including crossbows and nerf products). If you are bring a prop gun please have a orange tip plugging the barrel so those around you know it is fake.
2. No weapon swords/blades made of metal, fiberglass or glass.
3. ALL props must be peace bound when you enter the convention
3. All bows must have a loose and detachable string.
4. NO USING YOUR PROP TO HARM OTHERS.
If you have any questions or concerns about your prop feel free to email our Cosplay Coordinator Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions of Sales
- Refund and Exchange Policy. There are NO REFUNDS and NO EXCHANGES. All ticket sales are final.
- Confirmation Number. Please be sure to record/save your confirmation number, as this is required for replacing lost tickets and locating reservations. The confirmation page is NOT a ticket.
- Will Call. Will Call opens at the venue entrance at 9:00 PM the night before the event. Identification is required for Will Call pick-up. Any changes to this policy will be communicated to you ahead of the event.
- Lost Tickets. Lost tickets will be replaced provided you have your confirmation number available. Identification is required for a replacement ticket.
- Event Cancellation. If an event is cancelled for any reason other than "force majeure," (see Clause below), LANtasy Gaming Society will refund the face value of the tickets purchased. An event is not considered "cancelled" if it is stopped at any point after a period of at least 12 hours, in which case LANtasy Gaming Society is not required to refund the value of any tickets purchased for said event. LANtasy Gaming Society will accomodate you at subsequent events when possible.
- Force Majeure. LANtasy Gaming Society does not guarantee a refund or exchange on tickets purchased for an event that is cancelled as a result of “force majeure.” “Force majeure” means any event which LANtasy Gaming Society could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside LANtasy Gaming Society's control. In the event of a cancellation due to force majeure, LANtasy Gaming Society will accommodate you at subsequent events when possible.
- Reselling Policy. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale. Tickets may not be used for advertising, promotion, or other commercial purposes except with the express written consent of LANtasy Gaming Society, LANtasy Gaming Society reserves the right to refuse entry to any customer who has purchased tickets and resold them, or to any person attempting to attend a performance with such tickets.
- Reproduction Policy. It is unlawful to reproduce any tickets in any form. In the event of reproduction, LANtasy Gaming Society reserves the right to refuse entry to the original purchaser as well as any person attempting to attend a performance with reproduced tickets.
- Agreement. Submitting a ticket order indicates your AGREEMENT to these terms and conditions.
ACTS OF VIOLENCE
- Acts of violence will NOT be tolerated! Intentional damage to the property, other guest’s computers, staff property, network equipment, and items belonging to sponsors, is grounds for immediate removal from the event without refund. The staff reserve the sole right to define what is and what is not a violent act. No weapons of any kind are allowed at our events, this includes play toy weapons, paintball markers, Airsoft guns etc. with the exception of those that have been cleared for cosplay. Clearance requires immediate check-in/tagging via our Cosplay team upon arrival.
- We have zero tolerance for cheating! If you are caught cheating at any time, it will result in the forfeiture of the game, and disqualification from all remaining tournaments/games and a BAN/EJECTION from the event without refund.
- Alcohol is not allowed anywhere in the convention. We have zero tolerance for alcohol on site. Anyone caught with alcohol will be removed from the event and their ticket revoked. If the offender is part of a team for competition/tournament purposes, the entire team may be ejected from events they are currently registered in via judgement of staff.
COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL & PORNOGRAPHY
- We do not, under any circumstances condone any type of illegal activity whatsoever, including but not limited to the copying of illegal software, MP3’s or distribution of pornographic material to minors. Our Staff / Admins do not condone pirating. Each individual is solely responsible for the software / files and the copyright laws associated with items that are located on their machine. In addition we a firm policy against viewing of pornographic material at our events. Please be aware that making pornographic material viewable and or accessible to minors is illegal. If a staff member notices pornography displayed on your computer at any time, you will be removed from the event and ticket revoked.
Limitation of Liability
- Participants understands that their equipment and property are their personal responsibility and liability and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the event’s Staff and Directors and each Sponsor’s directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any claims arising out of, in whole or in part, the participant’s use in any way of his/her computers, monitor, or other computer related equipment during the event.
- Sponsors and/or event Administrators are not responsible for any inaccurate information, whether caused by the Official Web Site/Social Media or by the Web Site/Social Media users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the event or the Tournament or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Tournament results. Event Administrators/Sponsors assume NO liability for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with any person’s participation in the Event or Tournament, including without limitation, participation in any real life activity, or injury, loss or damage sustained from use of any prize won. If for any reason the Event or the Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus’, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the event Administrator’s/Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Event or the Tournament, event Administrator’s/Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Event and the Tournament without refund. By participating in the Tournament, each Participant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules. ADMINISTRATORS/SPONSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES COULD HAVE BEEN FORESEEN AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSORS OR ANY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR RECEIVED NOTICE THEREOF.